Policy & Economy

Malaysia’s international grads to pay RM450 for pass to work part-time here; RM450 more for each dependent

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 2 — International students who graduated from universities in Malaysia will have to pay RM450 if they want to apply for a special pass that would allow them to legally remain here for one year for purposes such as travelling or working part-time, the Immigration Department of Malaysia has said.

In a set of 14 frequently-asked-questions (FAQs) on the recently-announced pass, the Immigration Department said the social visit pass for graduates will allow them to stay in Malaysia for domestic travel, finding or getting to know or joining programmes at local institutes of education to further their studies and work part-time in sectors allowed by the law.

Those who are eligible to apply for this pass are international students who are citizens of 23 countries and who have completed their bachelor’s degree studies or post-graduate studies at any institution of higher learning in Malaysia.

The 23 countries are Australia, New Zealand, Brunei, Singapore, South Korea, Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Canada, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, and the US. This list of countries was dubbed as low-risk and high-income nations by the home minister.

Find out more : Malay Mail

Show More

AppliedHE News Wire

This is the official news distribution system of AppliedHE. We strive to bring you the latest higher education, skills development and employment stories from around world. We go direct to the source or we highlight important new developments by relying on a diverse range of trusted and independent media sources.

Related Articles

Back to top button